May 12, 2023
Additional Electric Vehicle (EV) charge-point locations are being installed across the county for use by the public.
EV charge-points are turning up in central car parks across the county of Ceredigion to allow users to visit local businesses and attractions whilst charging their cars as well as for people with no private off-street overnight charging capability. The locations are:
- Ceredigion County Council Offices, Penmorfa, Aberaeron, SA46 0PA
- Regent Street Car Park, Aberaeron, SA46 0HZ
- Ceredigion County Council Offices, Canolfan Rheidol, Aberystwyth, SY23 3UE
- Lower Park Avenue / Boulevard St Brieuc Car Park, Aberystwyth, SY23 1PD
- Greenfield Square Car Park, Cardigan, SA43 1LH
- Leisure Centre, North Road, Cardigan, SA43 1HG
- Rookery Car Park, Lampeter, SA48 7BU
- Llandysul Car Park, Llandysul, SA44 4QU
- Church Road Car Park, New Quay, SA45 9PB
- Rock Street / Paragon Car Park, New Quay, SA45 9NR
- Talbot Yard Car Park, Tregaron, SY25 6NF
A spokesperson for Ceredifion County Council said: “Most of the charge-points installed by the Council are ‘Fast’ charge-points that use a Type 2 charging cable and take 3 to 4 hours to charge depending on the type and number of vehicles plugged in. ‘Rapid’ charge-points are also being installed in some car parks including the public car parks at Cwmins, Lampeter and Greenfield Square, Cardigan.
Information on how to use these charge-points is available on the Dragon Charging Network website, via the Dragon Charging App and at the charge-points themselves.”
Councillor Keith Henson, Cabinet Member for Highways and Environmental Services and Carbon Management has welcomed the roll-out of public EV charging. He said: “This is a good step forward in helping reduce our carbon emissions, and ensuring our county continues to develop to support our businesses, residents and appeal to visitors. In support of the Council’s corporate Net Zero Carbon targets associated with transport and travel. I’m delighted that we have been successful in applying for further Welsh Government and UK Government funding to enable us to set up additional locations across the county.”
Anyone seeking further information or encountering problems when using the EV charge-points can contact the Silverstone Green Energy Customer Helpline on 01834 474480 or if less urgent, by e-mailing email@example.com.